2. Don’t lie to yourself.
3. There will be people in your life that will hurt you. You can not prevent this, but you can decide how much pain you will feel.
4. You can never say ‘I love you’ too often.
5. You can not make someone love you. You can only love them and hope that they will return the feeling.
6. Never say ‘I’ll try.’ That will just give you an excuse to fail.
7. School is important. Friends are important. Family and relationships and jobs and responsibilities are important. But nothing is more important than your health and well-being.
8. Be honest, but also be kind.
9. You do not have to justify your actions to anyone but yourself.
10. Being judgmental is unavoidable. However, what you do with that judgement is up to you.
11. Advocating for yourself is one of the best things you can do.
12. If you wake up expecting to have a bad day, then you will have a bad day. Wake up willing to take what the world throws at you and create your own mood.
13. You are in control of your own happiness.
I AM ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN
I AM ALLOWED TO CRY OVER SIMPLE THINGS
I AM FULLY AWARE THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS TOO AND THEY ARE PROBABLY WORSE OFF THAN I AM
DO NOT REMIND ME OF THAT WHEN I AM UPSET
MY FEELINGS ARE VALID
I AM ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN
WHAT IS SIMPLE TO YOU COULD BE STRESSFUL TO ME
STOP TELLING ME TO THINK ABOUT PEOPLE THAT HAVE IT WORSE
STOP STOP STOP
1. You do not need a reason to cry.
2. Gentle hands cupping your face, pressing a warm mug of cocoa into your chest, and curling around your trembling fingers is the best cure for a broken heart.
3. Tea is not a drink restricted to the months of Winter.
4. Once you have fallen asleep in the arms of somebody you adore, your bed no longer looks inviting – simply empty.
5. Rainy days are not an excuse to stay indoors.
6. Love isn’t as straightforward as Hollywood would have us believe, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth falling.
7. The smallest gesture can change a life.
8. There is nothing more comforting than a good book.
9. If you think the sky looks beautiful: take a photo – it will never look the same again.
10. Never conform simply because you do not fit society’s mould of beauty – wear the clothes that make you feel invincible, and listen to whatever music gets you up on your feet dancing around your room at 9pm on a Wednesday night.
11. Avoid procrastinating: the work has to be completed at some point, and pushing it aside will only cause anxiety and panic.
12. Look up from your phone for a few minutes each day, and appreciate the miracles of nature before they disappear.
13. A smile from a stranger lights up your heart and warms the deepest corners of your tired soul.
14. If you are trusted with a secret, those words are for your ears alone.
15. Love yourself from the moment you wake until the moment you fall asleep – nobody else will be able to love you the same.
16. Clean out your wardrobe every so often; there are hidden treasures in the most unlikely of places.
17. Don’t rush to turn 18 so soon – becoming an adult is not as glamorous as it seems.